Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Welcome

I'm Julie and I would like to welcome you to the Sweet and Spicy monkey blog! Here I will share recipes, photos (as we all like to see what we are about to create!), helpful cooking tips, and other learned stuff. My mom is who taught me how to cook and bake when I was growing up and I have always had a passion for both, even though baking is my favorite of the two!

I'm just like you as not everything I set out to make turns out like it's supposed to. It's too runny or not creamy enough, it doesn't look anything like the picture, or it just plain taste yucky! But I keep on cooking and baking because I love it. However, the one food recipe that still eludes me for some unexplained reason is homemade macaroni & cheese. Sure I can whip up a delicious box of Kraft macaroni & cheese just like everybody else but when it comes to homemade mac & cheese....well, I must say I am only human. Homemade mac & cheese is the unattainable unicorn for me. And I have tried some of the best of Georgia's Southern homemade mac & cheese recipes with no success. So it's safe to say that I probably will not be making any homemade mac & cheese recipes here unless of course for some unknown reason (or peer pressure) I get a wild hair and decide to try my hand at it once more.

In the meantime, you will see a variety of recipes for you that range from healthy, vegan, and gluten-free to ooey, gooey, creamy, and just plain yummy! I love food that is not only delicious but simple to make. I hope you will join me through this journey in my kitchen and on this blog (as I am new to all this) and get ready to enjoy some delicious recipes to share with your family and friends!

Here's a picture of my mom, the one who inspired me to bake (on the left), my dad (I miss you Daddy), and me (on the right).