Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nutella Syrup

I have been craving chocolate all this week! But I think my chocolate craving has finally been satisfied today (at least for the time being! {smile}). Now usually on my cheat days, I make pancakes and top them with my peanut butter syrup. But since chocolate has been my craving this week, I decided to try something a little different by making a chocolate based syrup with Nutella. And boy, did I stumble on something good!

I adapted this recipe from my peanut butter syrup recipe except I added one more tablespoon of Nutella, making it five tablespoons of Nutella, where my peanut butter recipe only calls for four tablespoons. I think by adding the extra tablespoon of Nutella gives it a richer, chocolaty taste and I don’t think you’re going to disagree with me!

I’m not even going to waste anymore of your time talking about it, you’re just going to have to try for yourself and see what I mean! So let’s get to it…


Nutella Syrup

Ingredients

¾ cup syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

5 Tablespoons Nutella

Directions

Add all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly* until Nutella melts and mixture becomes a thick syrup.

Remove from heat and serve warm over pancakes, waffles, or French toast.

*Helpful hints*

- Make sure you stir ingredients constantly in pan or you will end up with small lumps as syrup mixture becomes too hot and will start to burn ingredients.

- Can also be poured over ice cream!
 
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs. Or you can link back to this post for the recipe.