Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Peaches and Cream ~ the Healthy version


It's Peach week here at Sweet and Spicy Monkey! I love peaches and just the word peaches makes you think of summer orchards in the country full of plump, sweet peaches, ready to be picked and eaten, especially living here in the South. With all that in mind, I consider myself one lucky girl when it comes to peaches since I live in Georgia and near South Carolina. And you can betcha I’ve had some of the best peaches this summer!

Last week I stopped by a road stand where a man was selling peaches off exit 177, the last exit in Georgia, right before entering South Carolina. There were baskets full of some of the most beautiful peaches I’ve ever seen, all plump and ripe.


The man at the fruit stand told me these would be the sweetest peaches I ever had, I really couldn’t believe him since he said these were South Carolina peaches. And being from Georgia, well, let’s just say, I’m a little bias when it comes to peaches.

So when I got home, I couldn't wait to try one and I had to control myself not to eat every single one of them right then and there! Those were some of the sweetest and juiciest peaches I’ve ever had.


Now I’m not quite sure the thought process I used for this recipe, I think it was just dumb luck, but for some reason I sliced up some peaches, poured a little coconut milk over them, added a little plain Greek yogurt for thickness, and drizzled some honey on top to sweeten it up, and oh my, it was heaven in a bowl! Pure. Golden. Heaven. In a bowl! This must be ambrosia of the Gods!


Ever since, this has been my favorite thing to eat for breakfast. This sweet and creamy heavenly combination is easy to make, healthy, and can even be made the night before so the flavors blend together, making it even more scrumptious!

Peaches and Cream ~ the Healthy version

Ingredients

2 peaches, sliced

2 - 3 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt

1 cup coconut milk, canned

1-2 teaspoons honey

Directions

Slice the peaches and place into a cereal bowl. Set aside.

In another small bowl, add yogurt, honey, and half cup of coconut milk. Whisk together until mixture becomes smooth. Blend in other half of coconut milk.

Pour coconut milk mixture over the peaches and enjoy!

By the way, if you’re ever in the area of North Georgia and South Carolina during peach season on the weekends, pull off exit 177 at Dad’s and see if the peach man, Zeeny Cobb is out there selling peaches. If you make it this year before peach season ends, within the next 3-4 weeks, you will enjoy some of the best peaches ever!

*Helpful Hints*

- can use 1/2 cup Silk coconut milk with 1/2 cup canned coconut milk for less fat.

- All measurements are US

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
The Princess & Her Cowboys

Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.
 
Shared with: Inspire Us Thursday Link Party #64, Wake Up Wednesday "Linky" #31, Wine'd Down Wednesday 50, Mix it up Monday!, Savoring Saturdays #31, The Wednesday Roundup 44, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #24, Pin it Thursday, Inspire Us Thursday Link Party #67, Foodie Friends Friday Recipes Linky Party #113, Say G'day Linky Party {105}, Share it Sunday {46}, Busy Monday 132, Tasty Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday {19}, Pinworthy Projects Link Party #35, Pretty Pintastic Party #22, City of Links #38, Snickerdoodle Sunday #48, Sweet and Savoury Sunday #81, Munching Mondays #58, Simple Supper Tuesday #81, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays Link Party