Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Yogurt


Ever since I made my first batch of Pumpkin Butter this year, I just can’t get enough of it, after all I only make it once a year. And this year, I’ve been trying it on almost everything I eat, with my latest being in my morning yogurt.

Since peach season is officially over {sad face}, I’m trying new ways to wake up my morning breakfast. And I think I found it here with this Pumpkin Spice yogurt.

It’s everything I’m loving right now and makes for the perfect breakfast as it combines my favorite Fall flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg, with a sprinkling of  pecans. All mixed together with my favorite Greek yogurt.


Not only is this healthy, but it’s also a quick and easy recipe to make and you can even prepare it the night before, so in the morning you can just grab it and go with your morning coffee or tea.


Or you can do like me and slowly savor every scrumptious, creamy bite while catching up on episodes of 'The Blacklist' with my morning coffee {smile}.

Pumpkin Spice Yogurt

Makes 1 serving
Ingredients

½ cup plain Greek yogurt

3-4 Tablespoons pumpkin butter

1 Tablespoon chopped pecans

Directions

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Enjoy!

Watch me make this here on Simmer.

*Helpful Hints*

- You can find the recipe for my Pumpkin Butter here.

- If y’all follow me, you know I only use Fage plain Greek yogurt as its creamy with no bitterly sour taste like other plain yogurts.

- If preparing the night before, mix in a small bowl and transfer to an airtight container. And if you prefer your pecans a little crunchier, you can leave the pecans on top and mix in right before you eat.

- All measurements are US

Disclaimer - I was not paid for use of Fage yogurt in this recipe nor am I a spokesperson for Fage. I just love their creamy yogurt and think its the best!

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Featured at ~ Savoring Saturdays #37



Shared with: Gluten Free Fridays - #113, Savoring Saturdays #36