Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies


Every time it gets cold and rainy, I crave homemade cookies. I can blame my mom for this. Because growing up, I could always count on her making cookies whenever it was cold and rainy, which happened more often than you think in sunny California.

Knowing this, my best friend would always come home with me just to have some of my mom’s cookies. And it wasn't just my friends, my brothers friends would make an excuse to come over too.

Her specialty was chocolate chip cookies. Mmm, I remember walking in the front door and the smell of chocolate chip cookies wafting through the air. The aroma was all butter and chocolate and just utterly delicious. Needless to say, rainy days still bring all those memories back to me. And just like my mom, I also make cookies on cold, rainy days.


Today was no exception. We might not have gotten the snow that was predicted here in Georgia, but we got the cold, rainy days with ice storms. This is what I woke up to the next morning. It looked like a winter wonderland with everything covered in ice.





And I was craving me some chocolate chip cookies, and not your traditional chocolate chip cookies either, no ma'am or sir. I was craving these Triple Chocolate Chip cookies that I found on Pinterest yesterday.

This is not my recipe but these cookies are just so good that I had to share them with you! I made a minor tweak by adding two tablespoons of corn starch instead of one teaspoon because I like the fluff the corn starch adds to the cookies. Next time I make these, I think I'll add in either coconut or butterscotch chips, or maybe both!

This recipe is by Nichole from Brown Sugar Mama and I must say, Thank you Nichole for creating these cookies! This is just one of many wonderful recipes she has on her site, so be sure to stop by and give her a little love too.

Yes, that's right these cookies have three different kinds of chocolate chips all combined into one cookie! They have white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks along with macadamia nuts.

Talk about comfort food for rainy days. These cookies are everything…plus more. Soft and tender bites of chocolate combined with buttery macadamia nuts. I almost ate the whole batch.


I tell you, those macadamia nuts will seduce you. Every. Single. Time.

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes about 30 cookies

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 Tablespoons corn starch

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

1/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar, packed

1 large egg

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup chocolate chunks

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, corn starch, baking soda, sea salt. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars. Blend together until creamy.

Beat in egg and vanilla.

Slowly add in dry mixture, until all ingredients are combined.

By hand, stir in macadamia nuts, mixing well.

Fold in all the chocolate chips, semi-sweet and white, plus chocolate chunks, blending all ingredients together.

Drop 1 tablespoonful of cookie dough into prepared cookie sheet, placing about 2 inches apart.

Place into preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned.

Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack where they can cool completely.

Store in an airtight container for up to one week.

Recipe by ~ Nichole at Brown Sugar Mama.

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.