Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal


Y'all know I have a major sweet tooth. Yes, I'm a self-proclaimed sweet addict. And lately, it has been overtaking my life and causing me to indulge in my sweet cravings a little more than usual.
So when I saw this Sugar Crush 30 day Sugar-Free Challenge, I knew it would be something for me to try to get my sweet tooth back under control. And maybe lose a few pounds along the way too {smile}.

During these next 30 days, I will be sharing healthy recipes with you that help curb those sweet cravings as I stumble through this 30 day Sugar Crush Challenge.

My first recipe as part of this challenge makes for a great way to start your day. It has fruit and nuts, antioxidants, warms you up, keeps your tummy full, is delicious, and ready in about five minutes. All this and with no added sugar, my recipe for Banana Blueberry Oatmeal. One of my favorite ways to wake up in the morning, along with my cup of coffee {smile}.

If you want to try the Sugar Crush 30 day Sugar-Free Challenge with me, go here and check out all the helpful hints they have to help get you through this sugar free journey.

And let me know in the comments below so we can support each other. You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to see what choices I make during these next 30 days.

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal

1 serving

Ingredients

¼ cup instant oats (can also use old-fashioned or steel cut)

1 medium banana, sliced

½ cup blueberries, washed and rinsed

½ scoop protein powder

1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts

1 Tablespoon chia seeds

Directions

Add oats, banana, protein powder, walnuts, and chia seeds together in a small microwave safe bowl. Add enough water to cover ingredients, about 1 cup. Mix together.

Add just enough water to cover and wet ingredients like above

Place in microwave for 1-2 minutes on High. Stir together. Fold in blueberries. Enjoy!

*Helpful Hints*

- If too watery, place back in microwave for a little longer.

- If too dry, add a little more hot water.

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Shared with: Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party #137, Savoring Saturdays