Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Friday, October 9, 2015

How to Make Peach Bourbon


Today's recipe is something I definitely need after this week!

My area got hit hard from the tailspin of Hurricane Joaquin, and I'm not even in South Carolina. My prayers go out to the people who live in the hardest hit areas.

At home, we got over 5 inches of rain in 2 days, on top of the rain from the past two weeks. Needless to say, my garage and porch flooded, the dogs beds are ruined, and many trees have fallen, with some leaning.

It's been one week now and I can still hear the hum of chain saws cutting up fallen trees.

I've been cleaning every day since Monday, removing items from my garage and letting them dry out in the sun. Needless to say, I haven't spent much time in my kitchen this week.

Lucky for you, I started this recipe a couple of weeks ago when I had all those peaches. It's been steeping in my cabinet all this time, letting the peaches, cloves, and cinnamon sticks infuse with the bourbon.

And I can't think of a better time to share this recipe other than right now. Especially since you can still buy some peaches at the end of their season. Plus this also makes for a wonderful gift during the upcoming Holidays.

I definitely need a drink of this Peach bourbon after these past few days. So here's to a better (and much drier) week ahead.

Cheers!



How to Make Peach Bourbon

A homemade peach infused bourbon.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Ingredients
  • 2 to 3 peaches, washed & rinsed well, sliced
  • 750 ml (a little over 3 cups) bourbon
  • 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 whole cloves
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 large glass jar
  • 2 coffee filters
Cooking Directions
  1. Add all ingredients into a large glass jar. Seal tightly.
  2. Shake gently 2 to 3 times to mix ingredients together.
  3. Place in a dark location for 10 to 14 days so flavors can mingle. In the back of a closet or inside a cupboard works best.
  4. After bourbon has steeped, remove from dark storage place.
  5. Place a fine mesh colander into a large pan. Line colander with a clean coffee filter.
  6. Slowly pour infused bourbon into coffee filter and let drain. Remove peaches, cloves, and cinnamon sticks once all bourbon has been poured into colander.
  7. Repeat above step with a clean coffee filter.
  8. You might have to swish the bourbon around the colander to help it drain.
  9. If coffee filter becomes clogged, replace with a clean coffee filter and repeat steps above.
  10. After bourbon is strained, pour into a glass container for storage.
  11. Peach bourbon can be stored indefinitely in an airtight glass container or decanter.

 
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.