Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


You ever have one of those days where you feel like doing absolutely nothing? I have. Well, I did, last Saturday. I didn't feel like doing anything. I mean just going into the kitchen to fill up my glass of water was too strenuous for me that day.

I just wanted to melt into my chair and watch me some football. Thing is, there was no football on last Saturday. I think the broadcasting channels were having the same kind of day I was because there was absolutely nothing on TV last Saturday.

Seriously people, next time snow is expected, put something worth watching on TV. Is that a little too much to ask? I didn't think so either.

And since I didn't have anything to entertain me that required no energy, I immediately thought of making cookies. Why? Well because I'm one of those people who (even though I don't want to do anything) need something to do or else I become fidgety. So making cookies was it!


Not just any cookie, but these Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now you can say I made these because I was too lazy to add in the flour, but that's not the case. With my healthier eating diet this year, these cookies were the perfect choice for me.

No white sugar added, no flour (which is great if you're gluten-free), and sugar-free chocolate chips. So you don't feel guilty eating them as you melt into the chair and channel surf.

How could I say no? You're right, I couldn't!


Plus, they're easy to make and you can make them under 30 minutes. BAM!

These are definitely my kind of lazy day cookies! I think you'll agree.


Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe by Julie Murphy @ Sweet and Spicy Monkey
A healthier flourless and white sugar-free version of the classic peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 cup peanut butter, creamy (can also use chunky)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 and 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
  • 1/2 to 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
  3. Cream together peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and honey in a large mixing bowl.
  4. Mix in baking soda, salt, oats, and chocolate chips.
  5. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. You can either leave them as is or press with fork tines to make criss cross design on top of cookie.
  6. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.
  7. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-8 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack where they can cool completely.
  8. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.