Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Ultimate Chocolate Lover's Breakfast

Well my chocolate banana oatmeal curbed my chocolate cravings until I had my cheat day today, then it was on like Donkey Kong! Yes, I just said that! I was thinking about this breakfast as I lay in bed, chocolate pancakes with peanut butter chips sprinkled in them and topped off with….wait for it….Nutella syrup! Oh yeah! I jumped out of bed and raced to my kitchen to start making breakfast.


Now the chocolate pancakes are really simple to make. You just add two tablespoons of cocoa powder, (I used one tablespoon of regular cocoa powder and one tablespoon of dark cocoa powder as I love dark chocolate!) to your normal pancake mix and I used buttermilk instead of milk and made as directed. Then I sprinkled in ¼ to ½ cup of Reese’s peanut butter chips.


The Nutella syrup was from an earlier post this week but I've also added the recipe below. The result was the ultimate chocolate lover’s breakfast, so sinfully sweet I felt like I was eating my dessert for breakfast, just like when I was a kid!

After devouring my pancakes, I've decided this recipe will be the first in a series of the ultimate chocolate lover's breakfast posts as my mind races through other possibilities and ways of adding chocolate to breakfast!


All chocolate lovers will enjoy these pancakes topped with Nutella syrup! And your kids are sure to do anything you want them to after making them this breakfast!


Of course I finished my breakfast off with my chocolate coffee! Oh, life is good! {smile}

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes

Ingredients

Pancake mix

1 Tablespoon cocoa powder

1 Tablespoon Dark cocoa powder

¼ to ½ cup Reese’s peanut butter chips

1 cup buttermilk (instead of milk or water, as pancake mix calls for)


Directions

Make pancake mix as directed, adding in cocoa powder and peanut butter chips. Also use buttermilk instead of milk or water in mix.

Nutella Syrup

Ingredients
¾ cup syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

5 Tablespoons Nutella

Directions

Add all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until Nutella melts and mixture becomes a thick syrup.
Remove from heat and serve warm over pancakes.


All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs. Or you can link back to this post for the recipe.