Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Friday, August 15, 2014

Nutella Banana Froyo


No, this is not a recipe for the peach galette I promised you on Instagram earlier this week. I made one but I just wasn’t satisfied with it. Don’t get me wrong, it was quite delicious. But I’m going back to the drawing board with it and working out a few kinks so I can bring it to you next week. I promise, next week will be peach week, kinda like Shark week, but a whole lot sweeter and not as dangerous {smile}!

In the meantime, I’m so loving this making your own ice cream, sorbet, sherbet, and now frozen yogurt aka froyo. One reason being they are so easy to make. Number two reason being they are so delicious on a hot summer day. And three is I don’t have to turn on my oven in the summertime! Who could ask for anything more? Not this girl! I’m pretty easy to please {wink}.

I don’t know if you noticed yet, but I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Yes, I’m finally coming clean and admitting it to the public, I am addicted to sweets. There, I said it aloud and I feel so much better. But I’d feel a whole lot better with a bowl of this Nutella banana froyo in front of me right now {smile}.


So since I have a bit of a big sweet tooth, I’ve been trying to make healthy sweets. There’s that word pairing again, healthy sweets. Yes, there is such a thing as healthy sweets, like using honey, agave, or fruit instead of granulated sugar. And with this recipe, you don’t have to add any additional sugar, not even honey, because between the bananas and Nutella, there’s no need to.

Now out of all the frozen treats I’ve made this summer, this recipe is probably one of the easiest to make since it only requires four ingredients. Yep, you read that right, 4. All you need is coconut milk, plain Greek yogurt, bananas, and Nutella. That’s it!


And just like my other recipes, no churn needed. How’s that for quick and easy? Just blend and freeze. The hardest part is waiting…especially for this sweets addict!

If you make this early in the morning, it will be a soft frozen version by nightfall, which is almost better than after it freezes all night because then it will be a little easier to dish out. Usually I sit it out for about 10-20 minutes after it has been in the freezer all night because it becomes too difficult for me to dish out immediately after removing from the freezer. Yes, more waiting…ugh!

But it’s all worth it in the end {smile}…



Nutella Banana Froyo

Serves - 2

Ingredients

2 bananas, ripened

¼ cup plain Greek yogurt

¼ cup coconut milk

3 Tablespoons Nutella

Directions

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until all ingredients are blended together.

Pour into a freezer safe dish and freeze overnight

*Helpful Hints*

-Let set out for a few minutes after freezing overnight as it will be difficult to scoop out straight from the freezer.

- All measurements are US

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest. Follow on Bloglovin Instagram

Featured at ~ City of Links #38

Shared with: Savoring Saturdays #30, #glutenfreefridays #108, Wine'd Down Wednesday 53, Wake Up Wednesday Linky, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays Link Party, The Wednesday Roundup #44, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #24, Pin it Thursday, Inspire Us Thursday Link Party #67, Foodie Friends Friday Recipes Linky Party #113, Pin Junkie Pin Party #85, Pretty Pintastic Party #21, Pinworthy Projects Link Party #34, City of Links #37, Anything Goes Linky #172, Skip the Housework Link Party, Say G'day Linky Party {105}, Share it Sunday {46},Snickerdoodle Sunday #47,Sweet and Savoury Sundays #80, Inspiration Monday, Mix it up Monday!, Busy Monday 132, Tasty Tuesday Link Up, Simple Supper Tuesday #80, The Southern Special Week #25