Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Friday, September 19, 2014

Tangy Peach Mustard Wings


Ok, so this weekend I plan on getting stuff done that got put off from last weekend’s mayhem. Willy is resting back home comfortably, I’m off for the next few days (doing my happy dance), and its time for some football!

I love Fall weekends as they are perfect for some cooking, baking, and watching the games. Y’all noticed I said games, as in multiple. Yep, I’m a football fan of both college and NFL. I do have to say, I love me some college football better because those guys play with heart. They’re not in it for the money. And don’t even get me started about them trying to pay college students for playing football. A game that they received their scholarships for to their school of choice. I think y’all can tell where I stand on that matter.

Anywho, I’m just a little passionate about my football {smile}. And what’s the best type of food to eat while watching the game? That’s right, wings. Mmmm, meat falling off the bones, juicy, little finger food wings.


I never cooked a batch of wings until this year. I guess I was a little intimidated by them, all tiny and having to be just right. But really, they are so easy to make. Especially the way I’m going to share with y’all today. And believe it or not, this is the first time I’ve cooked wings like this and this is only my second batch of wings. Ever.


Now y’all know I love cooking with my crockpot since you can throw everything in and it’s done by the time dinner rolls around. So for these wings, I got an idea. Why not throw them all into the crockpot and they’ll be ready by the time the game is on. Easy peasy, Right?

Not that easy. I had to add another step into the cooking process. One that is still easy and makes these little wings even more mouthwatering. I just tossed the little wings onto a prepared cookie sheet, slathered a little sauce on them, and baked them for about 20 minutes.

Low and behold, what emerged from my oven were the most tender and juiciest little wings I’ve ever had! The crockpot step is a must as it takes the meat to the point of almost falling off the bone and then cooking them in the oven adds a little crispiness to them.

These wings might be little in size, but boy, do they deliver in flavor! They were so good, I made another batch!


They’ll make you forget your favorite team just lost to South Carolina {angry face}. Oh well, there’s always next week and another batch of wings!

Tangy Peach Mustard Wings

Ingredients

2 lbs. wings

¾ cup Cattlemen’s Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce

¾ cup peach preserves

2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar

¼ cup spicy brown mustard

¼ cup teriyaki glaze

1 teaspoon yellow mustard

¼ teaspoon smoked paprika

½ cup sweet yellow onion, diced

1 garlic clove, diced

Salt & ground black pepper to taste

Ingredients for basting sauce for oven cooking

½ cup Cattlemen’s Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce

½ cup peach preserves

Directions

Toss all ingredients into your crockpot and cook on the Low setting for about 4-5 hours. After 4 hours, check. The meat should still be on the bone, but to the point of almost falling off. They should be tender, yet still hold their shape.

After 4 hours and wings look like above description, preheat oven to 375F degrees.

Prepare cookie sheet by spraying with a non-stick spray. Or for easy clean up afterwards, you can cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with a non-stick spray.

Gently place wings on cookie sheet, leaving space between the wings so they can get a little crispy in the oven.

With a basting brush, gently brush tops with mixture of ½ cup Cattlemen’s Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce and ½ cup peach preserves.

Place sheet with wings into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes. Depending on your oven, check them at 15 minutes.

Keep a close eye on them as you don’t want them to burn. They should come out golden and juicy.


Serve with a side of Cattlemen’s Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce, warmed in the microwave.

Can also be served with a side of celery and carrots and Ranch dressing.

Now you’re ready for some football!!

*Helpful Hints*

- All measurements are US

Disclaimer ~ I was not paid for use of Cattlemen’s Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ sauce in this recipe nor am I a spokesperson for Cattlemen’s and/or French’s. I just love the unique flavoring this sauce brings to my wings.

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Shared with: The Wednesday Roundup #46, Share it Sunday {49}, Wine'd Down Wednesday 57