Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Sunday, November 16, 2014

No Churn Bourbon and Pumpkin Ginger Spice Ice Cream


If you're going to have just one dessert this Thanksgiving season, then make it this Bourbon and Pumpkin Ginger Spice ice cream. This is the best ice cream I've ever had, hands down!

Now I might be a little bias since I created this recipe, but my taste buds have not failed me yet! This ice cream is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!


I know you must be thinking, "Ice cream? She must be crazy, it's freezing outside with this arctic chill!" Yes, I do agree it's chilly outside and no, I'm not crazy. This ice cream is just that good, no matter what the weather is outside.

Not only is it soft and creamy right out of the freezer, but it also encompasses the flavors of Thanksgiving with pumpkin, spices, and a little taste of bourbon. Yes, bourbon. Southern Comfort to be exact, which brings an exquisite flavoring to this ice cream.


After all, who doesn't need a little bourbon during the Holidays with the family?


I find myself drooling just telling y'all about it! The photos really don't do this ice cream any justice. You just have to make it yourself and see what I'm talking about.

Which reminds me of another great thing about this ice cream, it only takes about ten minutes to make and you don't need an ice cream churn! Does it get any better than that?


You're welcome {smile}.

No Churn Bourbon and Pumpkin Ginger Spice Ice Cream

Makes 32 ounces of ice cream

Ingredients

1 and ½ cups heavy whipping cream

1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (can use fat-free)*

¼ cup pumpkin puree

1 and ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

4 Tablespoons Southern Comfort (2 ounces)

3 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies

Gingersnap cookies for topping and serving

Directions

In a large bowl, add whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, and Southern Comfort.

Whip until soft peaks start to form in mix. Soft peaks should resemble fluffy little pillows.

Add in 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and whip again for about 30 seconds, until brown sugar is mixed throughout.

By hand, gently fold in remaining 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar and crushed ginger snaps until blended.

Pour into a freezer safe dish and sprinkle crumbs from 1 gingersnap cookie over the top.

Cover and freeze overnight.

You can watch me make this recipe here on Simmer.

Inspired by ~ MB Manion Morell's No-Churn Bourbon and Brown Sugar Ice Cream recipe.

*Helpful Hints*

- This recipe is made with Southern Comfort as the bourbon of choice. I cannot guarantee you will get the same delicious results using another type of bourbon.

- This recipe is intended to be used with either a stand or hand mixer.

- I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk and my ice cream still had a delicious creamy texture.

- I used canned pumpkin puree for this recipe.

- All measurements are US

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Featured at ~ Daily Dish Magazine
Daily Dish Magazine

Sharing with: Wine'd Down Wednesday 62, On Display Thursday #21, Foodie Friends Friday Recipes Linky Party #122, Pin Junkie Pin Party #94, Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends #55, Skip the Housework Link Party #40, Sweet and Savoury Sundays #88, Munching Mondays #66, Busy Monday, Snickerdoodle Sunday #56, Share it Sunday {55}, Tasty Tuesday Recipe Link Up, Simple Supper Tuesday #89, Tickle My Tastebuds #28, The Wednesday Roundup #53