Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Monday, July 20, 2015

Skinny Frozen Strawberry Lemonade


I told y'all last week that I wasn't through with my lemon love! After making my ginormous batch of Skinny Lemonade, I started looking at different ways to enjoy it. That's when I came across a copycat Chick-fil-A's Frosted Lemonade recipe.

I have to admit, I don't eat fast food. I may sneak off to Subway for a sandwich once in a while when I don't feel like cooking (gasp! Yes that happens to me!). And I can't even remember the last time I ate one.

I stay away (far away) from places like McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, and even Chick-fil-A. The reason being is they all serve processed foods and most of it is fried. I try to stay away from that sort of thing.


Which probably explains why I've never heard of a frosted lemonade. What an ingenious idea this is! Taking one of summers most favorite beverages, lemonade, and adding ice cream to it! Simply delicious!

So I got an idea to add frozen strawberries to my Skinny Lemonade and add ice cream (no sugar added version), to make this Skinny Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. All the creaminess of an ice cream shake without all the sugar and calories.


So go ahead, make one for yourself and savor a few of summer’s favorites in one delicious drink.

Skinny Frozen Strawberry Lemonade

Recipe by Julie Murphy
A frozen drink combining a few of summer's favorites, lemonade, strawberries, and ice cream.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 tall glass or 2 small child's cups
Ingredients
  • 1 cup lemonade
  • 1 and 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
  • 3 scoops vanilla ice cream (with no added sugar)
Directions
  1. Combine lemonade and frozen strawberries into a high speed blender. Blend until mixture is liquefied, no more strawberry chunks.
  2. Add in vanilla ice cream and blend until mixture is smooth.
  3. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!

Inspired by ~ Chick-fil-A's Frosted Lemonade.
 
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.