Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Skinny Strawberry Lemonade


Last week I shared with you my Skinny Lemonade and my Skinny Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. Well this week, were stepping back a bit to my Strawberry Lemonade before I added ice cream to it.

I don't know about y'all, but it's been hot out here in Georgia over this last month. High 90's with humidity, only dipping down to 75 at night. Ugh! I love summer but I need a break.

Which is why I've been sharing drink and ice cream recipes with you. I'm trying to bring myself to a cool happy place instead of this sweltering heat. And it's working, at least for a little while.

So today I'm sharing my Skinny Strawberry Lemonade. A sweet and tart drink that will help quench your thirst on hot summer days.


For the non-alcoholic version, place some plain strawberries in the freezer and use those to help chill your drink instead of ice cubes. I also poured some of my Skinny Lemonade into an ice tray and use those instead of plain water ice cubes. That way the ice doesn't water down your drink and it adds a little more flavor.

And if you want a boozy Strawberry Lemonade, just add a little vodka and you've got a whole new drink. Or you can always soak some strawberries in vodka and place them in the freezer until you're ready to serve your drinks. I like using them as a little spike to my drink.

Anyway you choose to serve my Skinny Strawberry Lemonade, it's sure to help you chill out this summer.

Strawberry Lemonade

Recipe by Julie Murphy

A sweet twist on a classic lemonade drink that will help quench your thirst on hot summer days.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 quarts
Ingredients
  • 3 cups strawberries, rinsed and hulled
  • 1 and 3/4 cups lemon juice
  • 1 and 1/2 cups Stevia in the Raw (or your choice of sweetener)
  • 8 cups water
Directions
  1. Add 2 cups water and 2 cups of strawberries into a blender. Puree until mixture is smooth.
  2. Pour into a large pitcher with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
  3. Place remaining cup of strawberries in a bag and freeze. Use in place of ice cubes to help keep your drink chilled.
  4. Garnish with lemon slices and frozen strawberries. Best when served chilled.

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Shared with: Savoring Saturdays