Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Review of EatSmart's Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer


If you haven't quite figured it out yet, I love cooking and baking. And since I've had my food blog, I've been venturing into recipes I don't think I ever would have made. I would have just kept with the tried and true recipes I grew up with.

Oh sure, there would have been a few new and exciting recipes that I found on Pinterest, but nothing like with a food blog. So really, I should be thanking all of you for keeping my gastronomic journey delicious and flavorful.

Because how boring would that be if I didn't share new recipes with y'all? Probably pretty darn boring. We're talking spaghetti once a week and oatmeal for breakfast since that was my go to meals before Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Not much food blog content there!

Now I'm making truffles, fudge, and cooking Engagement Chicken, along with the many other recipes I've shared with you. I've also had the opportunity to use a variety of kitchen tools, including a food thermometer. Gasp! I never once thought in my wildest dreams I would own, let alone use, a food thermometer.

Recently, I was asked by EatSmart to review their Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer. Before I was asked to review this thermometer, I owned your basic candy thermometer for those times I made my Candied Ginger and Caramel Mocha Cappuccino Fudge recipes.

Now my candy thermometer is basic as it has the temperatures listed in Celsius on one side and Fahrenheit on the other side in small numbers. And that thin line of mercury slowly moving it's way to the temperature.

So when EatSmart asked me to review their Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer, I couldn't wait to cook or bake something using it!

The Review:

I used the Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer when I cooked my Engagement Chicken. I have to confess, this is the first time I've ever used a food thermometer when cooking meat. So it was actually a fun learning experience for me.


First of all, let me say how easy this Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer is to use. All you do (after you put the batteries in) is open to turn it on, stick it into the food your testing, and read the large number screen for the temperature. To turn it off, fold the probe back in. How easy is that?

It has a temperature range from -40F to 572F, which means you can use this thermometer for anything you cook or bake. And it has an enhanced accuracy of +\- 2F between temperatures of 14F and 212F.

The temperature is displayed within 3 seconds. Now it did take a little longer to display the final temperature when I was cooking my Engagement Chicken. However, it was less than 20 seconds and much faster than if I had used a basic food thermometer.


I absolutely love the large digital number display on this thermometer too! It has a blue background that makes for easy reading in sun light or dim lighting. And you can set it for Celsius or Fahrenheit readings, whichever you're used to using. Plus, you can hold the temperature read out with just a push of a button.

The insertion tip is 1.5mm, which is FDA recommended. It also comes with an anti-microbial case to store it in when you're not using. This special case helps prevent the growth of bacterial odor and mold on your thermometer. Of course, to also help prevent bacterial growth and mold, you should clean the tip immediately after use by wiping it off with soap and water and dry with a clean, dry towel.


See how the insertion tip has a step off,
so you know how deep to insert thermometer into meat.

This food thermometer is so easy to use, I find myself sticking it into almost all of my foods now just to see the temperature. Yeah, that's the scientific nerd part of me!

Final Results:

I love the Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer and I can't wait to use it again! If you cook or bake a lot of foods that require a food thermometer, I definitely recommend this food thermometer by EatSmart.

With its ease of use and features, you can tell it was designed by chefs and cooking professionals for any and all types of cooking and baking aficionados.

If you love to cook and bake, or know someone that does, this food thermometer would be a great addition to any kitchen, especially with the upcoming Holidays.

And you're in luck because right now Amazon is currently offering this handy thermometer for $39.95 with Free shipping. If interested in buying one of EatSmart's Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer for yourself, or if you know of someone who would love to have one, click here for this spectacular offer.

To learn about EatSmart  and more of their products, visit their site and social media channels listed below:

EatSmart: http://www.eatsmartproducts.com/

Disclaimer ~ I was not paid for this review. I received one Precision Elite Thermocouple Food Thermometer from EatSmart so I could base my findings by using the product. All opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.