Have you ever had one of those days where you get this intense, crazy craving for something? I had one of those days earlier this week, where I could not get my fill of chocolate.
Funny thing, chocolate is the only thing that gives me these crazy, intense cravings. One bite, and I can't get enough of this dark, luscious treat.
Lucky for me (and my waistline), I've finally found a match for my chocolate cravings in this French Hot Chocolate.
French hot chocolate, also known as Chocolat Chaud, is a rich and silky smooth Parisian style hot chocolate.
This is not the hot chocolate from your childhood or for those of you who dabble with milk chocolate.
Nope, this is for the true chocolate lover, the one who loves dark chocolate, the one who has chocolate treats in her purse, the one who can eat chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and not think it’s too rich of a combination.
This hot chocolate is for the truest of true chocolate lovers.
This hot chocolate is thick and decadent, yet oh so silky smooth with a rich chocolate flavor and a hint of sweetness.
Not for the faint of heart who dislike creamy, chocolatey drinks. This hot chocolate is sure to put a stop to all your chocolate cravings and keep you warm on cold days.
Or maybe just anytime you're craving a silky smooth cup of hot chocolate.
You can also add a splash of espresso or Starbucks instant coffee granules for a different twist to it. Or maybe a sprinkling of cinnamon or pinch of cayenne to intensify the chocolate flavors.
You can drink it plain or top with marshmallows or fresh whipped cream.
However you choose to drink this hot chocolate, it will become your new cuddle up drink under a big fluffy blanket.
French Hot Chocolate
A rich and silky smooth cup of Parisian-style hot chocolate.Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 large cup or 2 small cups (dematisse)
- 1 cup cashew milk (unsweetened vanilla)
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 5 to 8 squares bittersweet chocolate, small pieces or shavings
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- marshmallows or fresh whipped cream for topping
- In a small saucepan, add cashew milk and cocoa powder. Whisk together vigorously until powder is mixed with milk. The cocoa powder will start off on top of the milk and with vigorous whisking, it will start mixing in with it. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stirring with a wooden spoon over low to medium heat, add in honey and chocolate shavings. Continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted. If milk starts to boil, turn heat down and continue stirring. If you prefer a thicker hot chocolate, you can let it boil for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into cup and top with marshmallows or fresh whipped cream.
- If possible, make this hot chocolate ahead of time, allowing it to sit and cool down. Rewarm and serve immediately. As the flavors improve over time.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.