Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Double Stuff Oreo Pancakes


I love pancakes! I especially love the weekends because those are my cheat days which means I can have my pancakes! All week long I’m thinking of sweet, sinful ways to prepare my pancakes. Oh yea, I LOVE my pancakes!

And then I saw it….a recipe for Double Stuff Oreo pancakes by Christin Mahrlig at Spicy Southern Kitchen. Not only did it look all creamy and chocolatey, like an Oreo, but it was rather simple to make too. Which is my kind of recipe because who wants to slave over a hot stove in the morning after you just wake up? Not this girl!


I even simplified it more by just adding cocoa powder to my favorite gluten-free pancake mix. Yes, I kept them healthy still {smile}. By simplifying that step, I even limited the time it now takes to sit down and enjoy this wickedly delicious, hot & creamy, chocolatey mess!


You will thank me for it later {wink}.

So enough of the talk because I know you’re just staring at the photos, drool dripping onto your keyboard as you hurry up and scroll down to the recipe. So here ya go, Series 4 of the Ultimate Chocolate Lover's Breakfast….

Double Stuff Oreo Pancakes

Pancake Ingredients

1 cup of pancake mix (I use my gluten-free Bisquick pancake mix)

1 egg

1 cup milk (your choice, I find buttermilk makes a light fluffy pancake as does coconut milk)

2 Tablespoons sunflower oil

2 Tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened

1 cup crushed Oreos

Oreo Cream Filling Ingredients

1 and ½ cup cold heavy cream

3 Tablespoons powdered sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

1 and ½ cup crushed Oreos

Directions for Oreo Cream Filling

Place cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla into large mixing bowl. Using either a stand or hand mixer, gently fold ingredients together until powdered sugar is blended.

Once all ingredients are blended, whip ingredients together until cream becomes thick and peaks when spatula removed after being placed in cream.

Fold in crushed Oreos and place in refrigerator while you prepare pancakes.

Directions for pancakes

Prepare large skillet by coating with your choice of oil or non-stick spray. Set aside.

Prepare pancake mix as directed on box, adding in cocoa powder. Mix until blended.

Fold in crushed Oreos.

Place skillet on medium heat and let warm up. Pour pancake mix into skillet and cook until batter bubbles. Flip pancake over and cook until done. Place on plate and let cool.

To prepare stack


Place a pancake on the plate, apply a generous amount of Oreo cream filling and spread evenly over pancake. Repeat process to desired level.


Top with remaining Oreo cream filling, an Oreo cookie, and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!


You’re Welcome!!

*Helpful Hints*

- One 14.3 ounce package of Oreos will be enough to make these, including some taste testing of the Oreos while preparing.

- Oreo cream filling can be prepared the night before so you have even less to do in the morning before you eat these.

- if you want round pancakes, you might have to use a spatula to even out the batter after pouring into the pan because of the Oreo cookie lumps.

- recipe for chocolate syrup can be found here.

- All measurements are US

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest. Follow on Bloglovin
 
Instagram

Featured at ~

Love Bakes Good Cakes

and Motivational Mondays Linkup Party & Wake Up Wednesday "Linky" #28

Shared with: The Wednesday Roundup #35 , Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends #38, Foodie Friends Friday Recipes Linky Party #105, Pretty Pintastic Party #13, The Pin Junkie Pin Party #77, #Gethimfed Fridays {No.45}, Anything Goes Linky #164 and Features, Share it Sunday {38}, Sweet and Savoury Sunday #72, Say G'day Saturday Linky Party {97}, Snickerdoodle Sunday, Busy Monday 124, Mix it up Monday!, Munching Mondays #49, Motivational Mondays Linkup Party!, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #17, The Southern Special Week 17, Tasty Tuesday Link Up, Simple Supper Tuesday #72, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays #31, Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party #27, Great Idea Thursdays 62.2, On Display Thursday (No. 5), Inspire Us Thursday Link Party #61, Pin it Thursday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday #11, Let's Get Real Link Party #50, Skip the Housework Saturday , City of Links #30