Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Everything but the kitchen sink Cookies


While making Nicole’s Triple Chocolate Chip cookies last week, I got an idea to add a few extra ingredients to all this yummy chocolatiness. After all, if three different kinds of chocolate were this good, just think what else you can add to make these cookies that much more scrumptious!

As I rummaged through my baking cupboards (yes, I have a cupboard just for baking items), I found some butterscotch and cinnamon chips. The flavor combinations intrigued my taste buds so I got to making me some cookies.

I added white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, cinnamon chips, chopped macadamia nuts, and coconut (because everything is better with coconut!).


I have to say, my taste buds were in for a surprise when I took that first bite. Sweet, spicy cinnamon with chocolate undertones and a hint of butterscotch, with those seductive, buttery macadamia nuts….Mmmm, and I didn’t even get to the coconut yet! Oh, the coconut sent this cookie over the top!


The only problem is, I didn’t know what to call these delicious cookies. Oh, I could call them chocolate butterscotch cinnamon coconut cookies or chocolate butterscotch coconut cinnamon macadamia nut cookies, but that seemed a little long for a cookie name.

When I took these cookies to work, one of the guys said, “You should name these, ‘everything but the kitchen sink cookies’ because they have everything in them.” So that’s what I’m calling these cookies - Everything but the kitchen sink.

If you don’t like coconut, you can leave it out like I did for the guys at work. Silly men don’t like coconut flakes so I only added coconut to about five cookies for myself because when you have macadamia nuts, you just have to add coconut {smile}! I mean, who doesn’t like love coconut?


Silly men….

Everything but the kitchen sink Cookies

Makes about 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients

1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

¾ teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon sea salt

2 Tablespoons corn starch

¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 and ½ sticks)

¾ cup brown sugar, packed

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

¼ teaspoon almond extract

1 large egg

½ cups macadamia nuts, chopped

¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut

½ cup white chocolate chips

½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

½ cup butterscotch chips

¼ cup cinnamon chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 375F degrees.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, corn starch. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars. Blend together until creamy.

Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.

Slowly add in dry mixture, until all ingredients are combined.

By hand, stir in macadamia nuts and coconut, mixing well.

Fold in all the chips, blending all ingredients together.

Drop 1 tablespoonful of cookie dough into prepared cookie sheet.

Place into preheated oven. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.

Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack where they can cool completely.

Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
 
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Shared with: Skip the Housework Link Party #58, Totally Terrific Tuesday #24