Some big things are in store for Sweet and Spicy Monkey this month. The first (and probably biggest change) is Sweet and Spicy Monkey will be moving to a new location on the World Wide Web.
Yes, it's finally going to happen! Sweet and Spicy Monkey is getting it's very own .com site! I'm so excited with this move as it’s been a goal of mine for this site since I started blogging. And now I'm finally able to make my dreams come to reality.
I know, I know, I'm such a nerd!
Don't worry about missing any recipes though, as I will let you know when the big move becomes final. In the meantime, I'm still going to be sharing recipes here.
Speaking of food, I haven't shared a smoothie recipe with y'all in quite some time. If I remember last, my green smoothie recipe was the last. And green smoothies are so last year!
2016 is all about the color and right now, my new smoothie crush is this pink Strawberry Banana Beet Smoothie.
Made with beet, beet juice, strawberries, banana, chia seeds, dates (for sweetness), and cashew milk or your milk of choice. This smoothie is easy and quick to make for those hurried mornings or your go-to drink before or after your workouts, or between meals.
I love to drink it in the morning before I leave the house or sometimes for breakfast or lunch. It's chock full of vitamins and good for you stuff. And with its bright pink coloring, this smoothie is sure to wake you up in the mornings to the start of a great day.
After all, how can you stay grumpy in the morning with this beautiful pink Strawberry Banana Beet smoothie?
Strawberry Banana Beet Smoothie
A quick and easy Strawberry Banana Beet smoothie that you can enjoy at breakfast, as a snack, or anytime of the day.Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cooked beet
- 7 to 10 whole strawberries
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1 tall glass (8 ounces) cashew milk
- In a small microwavable cup, add 1/4 cup water and the 2 dates. Cook on High for 45 to 60 seconds. Remove from microwave and let cool as you prepare smoothie.
- Add remaining ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Remove dates from water and slice in half. Remove seeds and place dates into blender.
- Pour water from dates into blender.
- Pulse on High setting until all ingredients are pureed, about 7 to 10 times. Or about 1 minute of continuous blending at High speed.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.