Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Chocolate Almond Toasted Coconut Froyo (frozen yogurt)


I don’t think Mother Nature liked last week’s post where I said fall was in the air because summer is trying to hang on here as the weather is warming back up during the days. This past week reminds me of July with long, hot days and sweltering nights, so reminiscent of the South. The cool days of fall can’t come soon enough!

Since summer is still hanging on and I really don’t want to turn on the oven just yet, I decided to experiment with some recipes to help us cope with these long, summer days and enjoy ourselves at the same time! Because nothings as good as that first taste of ice cream on a hot, sunny day! Yum!
 

Now I know I’ve been on a coconut kick here lately…ok, quite some time, I know, I just can’t get enough of that little brown nut with its white flesh here lately, Mmmm, so good! So I thought I would dabble with some chocolate in this recipe and add a few almonds for flavoring to bring you this chocolate almond toasted coconut yumminess all blended together in a frozen treat!


This summer I’ve made dairy free ice creams, sherbets, sorbets, and now I bring you frozen yogurt aka froyo. Like all my other ice creams, you don’t need a churn for this recipe, just toss everything in the blender, puree, and freeze. Simple as pie!

Although, I don’t really understand why they say “simple as pie” because to me, pies are quite difficult to make and the other type of pi, well that’s math and I hate math! So I guess I shouldn’t really be saying 'simple as pie' because this recipe really is quick and easy. There let’s just go with that, quick and easy {smile}.


I hope you enjoy this froyo as much as I did and stay cool my friends because summer is still with us.

Chocolate Almond Toasted Coconut Froyo (frozen yogurt)

Ingredients

1 and ¼ cup Coconut milk

1 cup Cream of coconut

½ cup plain Greek yogurt

2 Tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened

2 Tablespoons honey

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

½ teaspoon coconut extract

½ cup toasted coconut

20 plain whole almonds

Directions

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until all ingredients are blended together.

Pour into a freezer safe dish and freeze overnight.

*Helpful Hints*

- you can add some toasted coconut and almonds after blending if you prefer chunky.

- you can prepare early in the morning and have a softer froyo by evening.

- Let set out for a couple minutes if freezing overnight as it will be difficult to scoop out straight from the freezer.

- All measurements are US

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest. Follow on Bloglovin Instagram

Shared with: Savoring Saturdays #28, #glutenfreefridays#106, Wake Up Wednesday "Linky" #32, Great Idea Thursdays 65, Foodie Friends Friday Recipes Linky Party #111, Skip the Housework Party, Say G'day Linky Party {103}, Sweet and Savoury Sunday #78, Share it Sunday {44}, Snickerdoodle Sunday #45, Inspiration Monday, Munching Mondays #55, Mix it up Monday!, Busy Monday 130, Simple Supper Tuesday #78, The Southern Special Week 23, Tasty Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday {17}, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #23, Pin it Thursday, Inspire Us Thursday Link Party #66, On Display Thursday #11, Let's Get Real Friday Party #56, Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends #45