Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

No Bake Lemon Chiffon Pie

 

What a weekend! I came home this past Friday from work to find my baby boy, Willy, missing. My other dogs were in my yard but no sign of Willy. Definitely not the way I wanted to spend my weekend as I was expecting to write up a post for y’all, bake something yummy, and get my game on with some football.

Instead I spent Saturday and Sunday searching for my baby boy. I asked my neighbor’s if they had seen him and I actually was able to find out that they had seen him running up and down the street all day Friday but no one had seen him Saturday. So I hopped in my car and drove around town, stopping to ask strangers if they had seen him, and dropping off flyers.


As it started to rain, I became more worried for him because he’s afraid of thunder and that pretty much ended my outside search. Since it was the weekend, all the vets nearby were closed so I started posting on social media, especially Facebook, and asking people to share in case someone recognized him. I posted on every vet and animal shelter FB page in the surrounding area in hopes somebody would recognize him and contact me.

Saturday evening came and went with no sign of Willy. Sunday morning came and I went out driving around once more, calling out his name, hoping he would hear me and come running. Nothing. It was two days and I was giving up any hope of ever finding him. Mainly because I’ve had him for at least eight years and he’s never done anything like this before and Boo, his sister, was still in the yard.

As Sunday evening came, I checked FB once more for some lead of where Willy might be. Miraculously, I got a lead. I contacted the person and she said she had seen Willy at her aunt’s house. She sent me a photo and it was Willy!!! I was so happy!!! He was only about two miles down the road from where I live, and had been hanging out there for the last two days. I actually had driven by that house, calling out his name, at least three times in the past two days he was missing.

It was a happy reunion for me, Willy, and his sisters that evening. I don’t know what caused him to stray but I’m so happy we were able to find him and bring him back home alive and well! Let’s just say, Willy will be wearing his collar all the time now.

Willy & Boo ~ reunion

Enough rambling about my weekend but I just had to share with y’all why I only put out one post last week and the power of social media. It was a busy weekend of searching and well worth it to have him back home once again!

During this time, I did get a chance to make this luscious lemon pie. There’s no crust to prepare, no baking involved, and it only has four ingredients! How easy is that?

 

You heard that right, only four ingredients and one of them is the Lemon Oreo cookies that I used for the crust! That’s right, Lemon. Oreo. Cookies. If y’all remember, I discovered these little lemon delights this past spring when I was making anything and everything lemon. Let’s just say I’m glad I stocked up on these luscious lemony cookies {smile}.

So if you can lay cookies in a pan (one for the pan, one for me - that’s how I did it and it really works out nicely!), whip up some Cool whip and sweetened condensed milk, along with some lemon juice, then you can make this pie!


And your friends and family won’t know any better because this pie taste like you spent all day in the kitchen, but that will be our little secret {wink}. As the sweet, creamy, lemony, chiffon paired with the lemon Oreos is sure to bring a smile to you and your family’s face.

Yep, I think I’m falling in love with lemon all over again….

No Bake Lemon Chiffon Pie

Ingredients

1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

1 – 8 ounce container Cool Whip

½ cup fresh lemon juice

1 - 15.25 ounce package of Lemon Oreos

Directions

In a pie pan, lay Oreos flat onto bottom of pan. Once bottom is covered in Oreos, lay cookies around the sides of the pan. Set aside.


In a large mixing bowl, blend together milk and lemon juice (medium speed if using a KitchenAid stand mixer).

Once blended, gently fold in Cool Whip.

Gently blend (Low speed if using Kitchen Aid stand mixer) all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.

Pour over Oreo cookies in pan and refrigerate at least 6-8 hours before eating.

I only waited 4 hours before dishing out. It was still delicious but as you can see, it wasn't set up yet.

Can top with fresh fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries and whipped cream.

*Helpful Hints*

- I let my pie chill for 4 hours and it came out runny. Best if it chills overnight so it will firm up.

- You can add yellow food coloring. I did not add any coloring and as you can see, it was a pale yellow.

- You can add some lemon zest for more lemon flavor and a little coloring.

- All measurements are US

- If you love lemon like I do, check out my other lemon recipes:
No Bake Lemon Chiffon Pie recipe inspired by ~ Stephanie at Plain Chicken

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.