Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Friday, April 3, 2015

Paleo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have only one more week left of my Sugar Crush Challenge and this week has got to be the most difficult. With all the Easter chocolates, Peeps, Cadbury eggs, chocolate bunnies, and all those Easter yummies, I'm finding myself hanging on by a thread here!

H-E-L-P M-E!

And then I came across this recipe by Rebecca at Paleo Hacks, Paleo Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies! It was like she heard my cry for help and threw me a life raft to keep me afloat during this sugar-filled Holiday.

I was so excited I made them that day but I added my own little twist to them, a little bit more coconut goodness with coconut flakes, unsweetened, of course. Because E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G is better with coconut!


Mmmm, these little scrumptious morsels are everything I was hoping they would be...and more!


With the dark chocolate chips and coconut flakes, they remind me of an Easter treat. So I no longer feel left out this year while everyone else is enjoying their sugar-filled sweets.

Look at all the yumminess of these cookies!

So go ahead and throw another sugar-filled Holiday at me, 2015. I will make another healthy recipe to get through it all! {smile}.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Paleo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe by Julie Murphy
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen cookies
Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
  • Pinch sea salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup organic cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 Tablespoons organic unsweetened coconut flakes
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  2. Line cookie sheet (2 if you have available, otherwise, just one cookie sheet will do) with parchment paper. Set aside.
  3. In a medium to large mixing bowl, add coconut flour, sea salt, eggs, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Mix together until all ingredients are blended. Making sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula to get all the coconut flour blended in. Texture will be reminiscent of normal cookie dough. It might take a little longer for the coconut flour to soak in the wet ingredients. If using a stand mixer, about 5 minutes longer. If texture is still runny, add in coconut flour a little at a time until you achieve correct texture.
  4. By hand, fold in coconut flakes and dark chocolate chips.
  5. Using a Tablespoon or pre-set cookie spoon, drop onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
  6. Gently press down cookie with your fingers or palms, as cookies will not spread out during baking.
  7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cookies are a light golden brown.
  8. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack where they can cool completely.
  9. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. But trust me, they won't last that long!
  10. Cookies will retain a soft texture during storage.
           

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Featured at ~ Savoring Saturdays

Shared with: Savoring Saturdays, Munching Mondays #85