Remember, my Pineapple salsa I made a few weeks ago? Where I combined tropical pineapple with spicy salsa? Well, if you love spicy mixed with a little sweetness, then you are going to L-O-V-E the taste of strawberries in this salsa!
Fresh strawberries combined with cool cucumbers and spicy jalapeños. It wakes up your taste buds that have been sleepwalking through all of your meals over the last few days, months, or even years.
And the best part about this salsa, you can eat it with plain tortilla chips or you can pair it with cinnamon sugar tortilla chips for an entirely different snack.
Whatever you thought about salsa before, my Strawberry Salsa is sure to change the way you think about salsa from now on.
A sweet & fruity twist on traditional salsa.Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 0
Total time: 7 minutes
Yield: 1 and 1/2 cups salsa
- 4 strawberries, pureed
- 1 cup whole strawberries, diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, diced
- 9 slices (about 1/2 of a whole) English cucumber, diced
- Puree 4 strawberries. Place into a medium bowl.
- Add diced strawberries, lime juice, cilantro, and cucumber to pureed strawberries. Mix together.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, or over vanilla ice cream.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.
Shared with ~ Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends #89