Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Monday, June 1, 2015

No Bake Coconut Cookies

There's this commercial I've been searching high and low for on the Internet but cannot find. Mainly because I can't even remember what it's for! Now I know what you're saying, "how can you be looking for something when you don't even know what it is?".

Well, I remember the commercial and the goofy husband in it since that's the part I wanted to show one of my friends because that goofy guy reminds me of a co-worker and I wanted to show him. But I cannot remember for the life of me what the commercial is for.

The commercial in question starts with a pregnant wife and a friend at a baby shower, talking about not knowing the gender of the baby. And she will find out when they cut the cake because it will either be pink for a girl or blue for a boy. And then the goofy husband walks out of the kitchen eating a cupcake and gives this silly grin all covered in blue frosting, totally clueless.

Yes, I remember the commercial clearly and can probably even act it out, but what it's promoting, I have no clue since I got so caught up in how much that goofy guy reminds me of a co-worker. Do you know which commercial I'm talking about? If so, please let me know down below in the comments so I can end this search and show my friend that I'm not making this up.

I did stumble upon something during my search for this commercial, a blog, Renegade Mothering, by Janelle Hanchett, also known as Renegade Mama. The post I read was about how much she despises gender reveal parties. It was totally hilarious and had me rolling on the floor with laughter. If you get a chance, you can link to it here. Be warned, she does use adult language.

But anywho, enough ramblings from me. I'm not making any gender colored cupcakes, cakes, or cake pops today. As a matter of fact, these sweet little treats I'm sharing with you today are neutral in coloring, but don't let that fool you as they are quite flavorful. Of course anything coconut is flavorful to me!


These cookies are a no bake cookie and are dairy free, gluten-free, egg free, and Paleo friendly. All that and easy to make too with no baking involved! How's that for a summer treat?

You can make these cookies under 15 minutes and either start munching right away or you can let them chill for 30 minutes to let them sit up a bit. They're great for a quick breakfast on the run, during your morning commute, between meals, or when you get a craving for sweets and don't want to indulge in something sinful.

Either way, they're easy and quick to make so you have more free time to go shopping or for some more sun time by the pool. Or to help me find that dang commercial!


No Bake Coconut Cookies

Recipe by Julie Murphy
These No Bake protein coconut cookies are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, and paleo friendly.
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 0
Total time: 45 minutes (including 30 minutes for chilling)
Yield: 1 dozen
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup oats, ground to flour
  • 1/2 cup cold milled golden flax seed
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
  • 2 Tablespoons organic unsweetened coconut flakes
  • Pinch Himalayan pink salt
  • 2 Tablespoons Honey
  • 1/2 cup Silk coconut milk, unsweetened
  • 1/4 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling
Directions
  1. Line 1 cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. Place 1/4 cup of coconut flakes into a small bowl. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together.
  4. Take about 1 Tablespoonful of dough and roll into a ball between your hands.
  5. Roll ball shaped dough in bowl of coconut flakes.
  6. Place cookie ball on prepared cookie sheet and gently press down with finger tips or palm of your hand.
  7. Repeat process for remaining dough.
  8. Eat immediately or place in refrigerator to let chill so dough can set up.
  9. Store with cookies on parchment paper (to prevent sticking) in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

*Helpful Hints*

- can use sea salt in place of Himalayan pink salt.

- recipe for coconut butter coming soon!

Recipe inspired by ~ Arman's No Bake Vanilla Cake Batter Breakfast Cookies over at The Big Man's World.

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Featured here ~ Savoring Saturdays @ It's a Love/Love Thing
Shared with: Savoring Saturdays