Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Myer's Lemon Syrup

As if you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m loving anything and everything lemon! Ah yes, the refreshing and citrusy taste of sweet lemon is divine. If I can flavor it with lemon, then I most definitely will!

I love having my pancakes on my cheat days over the weekend and as I was having them this past weekend, I got to thinking how good they would be with lemon syrup drizzled over them! Oh my, my mouth started watering and the wheels in my brain started turning as I thought of ways to make this sweet, citrusy liquid to drizzle over my pancakes.

As I was making this lemon syrup, I wondered to myself why my mom never thought of making flavored syrup. I guess I grew up in a time when maple syrup was the all-time favorite and nothing else would or could ever replace it on top of our pancakes, waffles, or French toast.

Oh, how times have changed! Now you can have any flavor imaginable these days. And if there isn’t the flavor you want, you can make it.

So Mom, this is a gift from me to you, a new way to start your day with this citrusy, sweet lemon syrup to replace that everyday maple syrup over your pancakes in the morning. After all, isn’t it time for a change?

Myer’s Lemon Syrup

Serves - 2

Prep & Cooking time - 15 minutes

Ingredients

½ cup Karo light syrup

1 Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk

3 Tablespoons Myer’s lemon juice, freshly squeezed

1 Tablespoon lemon zest

Directions

Add all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir continuously over low to medium heat until syrup heats up to desired temperature. Once warmed, serve over pancakes, waffles, or French toast and enjoy!

*It is very important to NOT let the syrup boil as you do not want to burn the sugars.*

*Helpful Hints*

Makes for a great addition to an Easter or a Mother's Day breakfast or brunch.


 

Shared with Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends #25, Inspire Us Thursday Link Party #47, Pin it Thursday , Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party #144, Boost Your Post Party, Savoring Saturdays #12, Skip the Housework Saturday, Weekend Potluck- #115, Say G'day Saturday Linky Party #84, Making Your Home Sing Monday Link Party 04/27/2014, Simple Saturdays Blog Hop #20, Munching Mondays #36, Think Pink Sunday #162, Marvelous Mondays 4-27-14, Busy Monday #111, Gingham & Roses Link up & Social Media Hop #17, Take it on Tuesday blog hop #121, Time to Sparkle #58, Tasty Tuesday #58 , The Makers Link Party #15, Wine'd Down Wednesday #33, The Wednesday Roundup #23, Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends #30


All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.