Sweet and Spicy Monkey has moved to: www.sweetandspicymonkey.com

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Banana Froyo (frozen yogurt)


You didn’t really think I would let summer end without a few more homemade ice cream recipes, did ya? Especially since it seems hotter now than it did when summer began! I love summer but I have to tell ya, I’m ready for the cool nights of fall.

Until then, we will cool off with some homemade ice cream! After all, who doesn’t love ice cream? With that creamy sweetness of any flavor you desire right on the tip of your tongue…mmmm. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it {smile}!


And not just ice cream, as you have sherbets, sorbets, gelatos, and my new favorite, froyos! I like to refer to froyo as the “healthy ice cream” since it’s similar to the texture of ice cream without all the heavy cream or eggs. And I have to say, if I did a blind taste test, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between Froyo and ice cream.


Wait right there and hold that thought, I’ll be right back….. Nope can’t tell the difference, let me just have a few more bites to make sure…….nope! Oh this is good {smile}. Yes, I just did my own taste test to prove to you I cannot tell the difference between textures while I closed my eyes. What you say, you don’t trust me…??


Then I challenge y’all out there to try for yourself and let me know your results. Yep, we will call it the ice cream-froyo challenge.

It’s a whole lot more fun (and taste better) than the ice bucket challenge. Plus, it won’t cost ya a dime, other than the cost of ice cream and Froyo, which you and your whole family will enjoy!


I start with this recipe of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Banana Froyo. Please post your results in the comment section.

Good luck to everyone and let the challenge begin!

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Banana Froyo

Serves - 2

Ingredients

2 bananas, ripened

¼ cup plain Greek yogurt

¼ cup coconut milk

3 Tablespoons peanut butter (can use creamy or crunchy)

5 Reese’s Miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and quartered

1-2 Tablespoons honey (optional)

Directions

Place banana, yogurt, coconut milk, peanut butter, and honey (if using) in a blender and puree until all ingredients are blended together.

Pour into a freezer safe dish and gently fold in quartered Reese’s peanut butter cups.

Place lid on top and freeze overnight.


*Helpful Hints*

- honey is optional if you prefer it a little sweeter.

- let set out for at least 10 minutes if freezing overnight as it will be difficult to scoop out straight from the freezer.

- All measurements are US

All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.
Follow Julie's board Sweet and Spicy Monkey on Pinterest.

Shared with: #glutenfreefridays #109, Savoring Saturdays #32, Wine'd Down Wednesday 54, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays Link Party, Wake Up Wednesday "Linky" #35, On Display Thursday #13 , Great Idea Thursdays 67, Say G'day Linky Party {106}, Busy Monday 133, Mix it up Monday!, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #26, Tasty Tuesday Link Up, The Southern Special 26, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday {20}